From the manufacturing of a nail to the construction of aircraft everywhere, Robotic has taken a great place in our life. Today Robotic plays a vital role in every aspect of human life. Humans are not able to cope up with the new technology. Robots are achieving mechanical and intellectual capabilities that do not put the possibility of R2-D2 like a machine out of reach in the future. Robotics play a pivotal role in society.
What is Robotics?
Robotics is the infusion of science and engineering that consecrated to the construction design and used for mechanical work. Today the definition of robotics is significantly evolved and expanded to the creation, devel development of the use of bots that explore the earth in the harshest conditions helps to assist the law enforcement, and even in almost every facet of health care.
History of Robotics
The first introduction of the industrial robot was in the USA during the 1960s. The primary era of robotics technology was the mid 20th century within an industrial environment. Joseph F. Engelberger and George Devol were the first who developed the industrial Robotic in 1961. In the late 1960s, Scheinman from Stanford University invited the first computer controller electrically powered robot arm in the world. Since then the Robotic technology dynamically changed according to the needs.
Characteristics of Robotic Technology
- Robotics Technology is the machinery in which one can electrical cal component to work.
- Robotics is developed to eliminate the repetitive work of a human.
- Robotics contains computer programming who coded to do to carry out the tasks.
- Robotshelps to complete all sorts of mechanical construction.
Types of Robotic
Accordingly to the working Robotics Technology comes in various sizes and shapes
Preprogrammed Robots: design to perform monotonous and straightforward tasks, eg. Welding doors, painting, etc.
Humanoid Robots: look like a human who is designed to perform all sorts of human labor.
Autonomous Robots: They are designed to work in an open environment without the human command for research work.
Teleoperated Robots: They work on the command of humans in extreme geographical conditions where humans can’t easily reach.
Augmenting Robots: Design to enhance the quality of humans so that they can perform the work more effectively.
Advantages of Robotic technology
- Improved quality– Industrial robots can produce a higher rate of products with a higher level of accuracy.
- Longer working hours– Normally, a human got tired in six to seven hours of work, but a robot has the stamina to work 24/7 without getting tired.
- Safety– Working with machinery, there is always danger Loss of human life, but robots can work more appropriately in most demanding conditions without getting injured.
- Increase production- Robotics Technology is designed for a job, and they do not stop doing it unless there is a power loss or some sort of breakdown down, which eventually increases production.
- Fewer mistakes- Robots commit fewer errors as compared to humans. As they follow their given commands.
- Reduce wastage- It was seen that robots waste very little as compared to humans that create a better environment for the business.
- Don’t Complain- Robots do not have any feeling, so they do not get annoyed as natural, ly, human got.
- More reliable- Robots are more reliable as compared to humans as they are a program for performance.
Disadvantages of Robotic technology
- Capital cost- Industrial robot incur a high capital cost that is beyond everyone’s limit. Often the advice is given to finance assets and the return on investment on the robot is more then pays the interest on the asset finance.
- Leads to loss of human jobs- Due to the introduction of robotics and its benefits, there is a massive loss of human unemployment. As human just cannot compete with the robot that can work 24/7 without making mistakes.
- Performs relatively few tasks- As robots have no emotions so they cannot make a big decision as fast as a human. They only serve the job which is assigned to them.
- Heavy maintenance- The maintenance and the repair cost of the robot is very high. Suppose a robot gets damaged it causes massive loss.
- Cybersecurity issues- There is always a risk arise of hacking or theft of data from a robot. As they are a sort of machine which can easily be hacked.
- Highly skilled employees- To work with Robotics Technology expertise knowledge is needed. To work with Robotic technology, a lot of training and expert knowledge are given to the employees.
- Reduce human capabilities- Today, the human is highly dependent on the robotics technology that their power of doing work has reduced very much. There might be a time came when robotics take over the world.
Applications of Robotic technology
Because of the diversity feature of Robotics Technology, they are used in every field of profession.
- Robotics Technology in the industry– From the mid-20th-century robotics became a vital part of the industrial sector. Every work from material handling to the final finishing of the product is directly or indirectly perform by the robots.
- Robotics in the medical industry- In the medical sector, Robotic technology helps to identify diseases in humans. Many medical institutions are hiring robots as ward boys for quarantine centers.
- Robotics in defense- Robots help to search, identifying bombs, supplying commodities in the battlefield under harsh conditions without any human loss.
- Robotics in space- Humans cannot survive in space for an extended but length environment does not affect robots. They can explore the area without risking human lives.
- Robotics in domestic- Robots perform numerous different household activities, for example, sweeping, cutting, mopping, etc. The people usually bring pet robots for friendship and security purposes.
- Robotics in education- Many Robotic learning toys are manufactured for children to teach their learning habits. Robot as a teacher is hired by the education industry to make their class more exciting and creative.
- Robotics in the entertainment industry- Robotics Technology are used as models in the entertainment industry Robots are commonly used as video editing, 3D effects, etc
- Robotics in the research and development industry- Robotics Technology can reach the most challenging part of our planet such as arctic glaciers and deep points of the Mariana trench, etc. for the research work.
Conclusion of Robotic technology
With the advancement of science and technology, Robotic are drastically changing and entering into every field of work with countless benefits. Though robotics provides us with a large number of advantages in our day to day life, we should keep a close eye on the disadvantage of Robotic too.