What is 5G Technology
5G Technology is a fifth-generation wireless communications Technology, after 1G,2G,3G,4G Networks.
- First Generation (1G):- Its developed 1980 year, delivered Analog voice.it has the maximum speed of 1G is 2.4kbps, poor voice quality and it has no security system in the network.
- Second Generation (2G):- Its delivered digital voice in 1990, Radio based signal used in 2G network and based on the CDMA(code division multiple access) and GSM up to 64kbps data speed.
- The maximum speed of 2G with GPRS (general packet radio service) is 50kbps or 1mbps with EDGE enhanced data rates for GSM.2G services like text messages and MMS(multimedia messages).
- Third Generation(3G):- mobile data CDMA2000 its wireless technology introduced in 2001.
- Wireless Technology, web browsing, E-mail, videos download, picture sharing, etc.
- The speed increases up to 144kbps to 2Mbps, Smartphone and features increase its bandwidth and data transfer, Fast communication, high-speed Web, video continues TV streaming, Large capacities, and broadband capabilities high bandwidth requirement.
- Japan was the first country to introduce 3G service FOMA Freedom of Mobile Multimedia Access.
- Fourth Generation(4G):-4G is the fourth generation of broadband mobile technology after 3G. To provide enormously high data transfer rates to an excessive number of users at the same time.
- IP Based integrated system
- High speed, high capacity, and low cost per bit.
- High definition video streaming and high performance.
- More secure data compare to 3G in communication networks is to ensure that information is generated and transmitted by the user is protected against misuse and misappropriation due to security attacks. The heterogeneity of wireless networks complicates the security issue.
- Enhance GPS services, its provided 100mbps to 1gbps.
Wireless Technology:- A few years ago wire computers connected to the telephonic port to get access to the internet. But nowadays wireless technology helps reduced cost and increase mobility wireless technology is super-fast internet access.
“Wireless simply we can say ‘having no wires’any computer network where there is no physical wired connection between sender and receiver. The network is connected by waves like radio waves or microwaves to maintain communication between us.”
It is a 5th generation mobile network, based on third-generation partnership project(3gpp) after 1G,2G,3G, and 4G network.5G is the next generation of cellular communications technology and revolutionary services. It can be a deep impact on India as new economic opportunities and societal benefits. the cumulative economic impact of 5G on India can reach one trillion USD by 2035. It is higher multi Gbps peak data speed, massive network capacity, high performance, and improved efficiency.
5G wireless air interface ,will cover spectrums not used in 4G.New antennas will incorporate technology knows as massive MIMO(Multiple input,Multiple output),which enables multiple transmitters and receiver to transfer more data at the same time.It is small range frequency.
5G wireless techonology will offer for greater upload and download speed up to 100 times faster internet speed then 4G network.Its develoyment of the millimeter wave spectrum i.e the frequency range of 28-100 GHz.
5G Steering Committee in India
* 5G steering committee chaired by AJ Paulraj, it was set up sept. 2017 by the Government to suggest a road map for the adoption of 5G.
*AJ Paulray summited its recommendations to the department of telecommunication (DoT). It expects a commercial rollout of 5G in India by 2020. But take more time to implement.
*It recommended deployment classification of 5G into three phases based on technologies and expects that economic impact of 5G to be over $1 trillion by 2035.
Read This:- What is E-Waste?- E-waste Management